GDPR: What is, and what to do ?
One set of rules for all companies who have customers in EU, wherever they are based.
Stronger rules on data protection from 25 May 2018 mean citizens have more control over their data and business benefits from a level playing field.
IMPORTANT: GDPR Delayed until at least July 1 in Norway
Find out what this means for your business:
Should I follow GDPR ?
It is relevant if you:
- Collect personal data
- Have forms in your website
- Your website include user content geared content like blog comments or a forum
What is Personal Data ?
Collect, Store or Use this kind of data: Name, Address, Localisation, Online identifier, Health information, Income, Cultural profile, and more.The GDPR issues the ‘right to be forgotten’. This basically means that you have to be able to erase someone’s personal data within a reasonable timespan upon their request.
Why Change the rules ?
It's about trust, only 15% of the people feel they have complete control over the information they provide online. One set of rules for all companies processing data in the EU, makes doing business just got easier and fairer. New rules should boost consumers confidence and in turn business.
What you or your company must do
GDPR requires website and webshop owners to inform visitors:
- Which personal data is being collected
- What the data is being used for
- Who is handling the data
- How the data was obtained
- How and where the data is stored
The cost of non-compliance
Under GDPR organizations in breach of GDPR can be fined up to 4% of annual global turnover or €20 Million (whichever is greater)
• Allow both users and visitors without an account to automatically view, export and delete their personal data
• Use of plugins to delete or anonymize personal data automatically or send a notification and allow admins to do it manually
• Track, manage and withdraw consent
• Google Analytics, Newsletters, subscriptions forms, remarketing campaigns, website cookies: needs to be GDPR compliant
What do you need to do in your website today:
• Updated Terms of Service
• Marketing opt-in Users need to confirm that they want to continue in the e-mail list and been able to change at any time
• Customer erasure request Users can request to erase their personal information
• Customer data request Users can request their personal information from your store.
For this and others GDPR solutions just contact us